Hey there, if you are looking for info on the best gay and lesbian bars or clubs in Phoenix we have got your back. This local LGBT nightlife guide will also discuss topics like mixed clubs, trans bars, drag shows, the main queer area of town Melrose and more!
There are some annual or more frequent pride events that we will also tell you about. And we can’t forget about the best LGBT dating sites since that is the preferred way to meet new people for many these days.
We all have our own way of doing things so we will list everything we know about so that you can choose your own adventure. Of course other towns in the metro area like Scottsdale, Mesa, Glendale, Tempe and Gilbert will come up from time to time.
You can read more of our posts that cover tons of cities in North America at that link.
Best LGBT Bars & Clubs In Phoenix
We might as well kick this off with a list of the best mixed LGBT bars and nightclubs in Phoenix:
- AZ 88 at 7353 E Scottsdale Mall
- Blue Hound Kitchen at Hotel Palomar at 2 E Jefferson St
- Kazimierz World Wine Bar at 7137 E Stetson Dr
- Bunkhouse at 4428 7th Ave
- BS West at 7125 E 5th Ave
- Bar 1 at 3702 N 16th St
- Oz Bar at 1804 W Bethany Home Rd
- SideBar at 1514 N 7th Ave
- Anvil at 2424 E Thomas Rd
- The Rock at 4129 N 7th Ave
- Nu Towne Saloon at 5002 E Van Buren St
- Boycott Bar at 4301 N 7th Ave
- Plazma at 1560 E Osborn Rd
- Cruisin’7th at 3702 N 7th St
- Los Diablos at 1028 E Indian School Rd
- Kobalt Bar at 3110 N Central Ave
- Charlie’s at 727 W Camelback Rd
- Club Volt at 3108 E McDowell Rd
- Stacy’s at Melrose at 4343 N 7th Ave
- The Cash Nightclub & Lounge at 2140 E McDowell Rd
- Karamba at 1724 E McDowell Rd
- Dick’s Cabaret at 3432 E Illini St
Best Gay Bars & Clubs
Those that want to find purely gay bars and clubs in Phoenix for men to meet men can have success at the spots we just listed. It wasn’t long ago that things were far less inclusive, but these days most spots have become more LGBT friendly instead of strictly being gay bars in your area.
Best Lesbian Bars & Clubs in Phoenix
That is also true when it comes to trying to find a full on lesbian bar in Phoenix. You can probably have success at most of the bars or clubs from the mixed list and if there are not other lesbian women looking to meet women inside then try another place until you find the right one.
This may even mean going to popular nightclubs around town that are not known as local LGBT hot spots per se.
Drag Shows & Trans Bars
While these may not be trans bars in Phoenix you can find drag shows that may help you locate ts near you at:
- Drag Shows at Cruisin’7th
- Naughty or Nice Drag Bingo at Kobalt on Monday Nights
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK at Kobalt on Thursdays
- Drag Shows at Charlie’s Phoenix
- Karamba Nightclub
- The Rock
We know the scene here better than most, but we cover way too many cities to have a more intimate knowledge on all of them than the local experts. Our goal is to keep our lists as up to date as possible but we need your help to do so.
It would be great if you could use the comments section to let us know if you notice anything dated. Many of these gay or lesbian bars and clubs can be found in the LGBT nightlife area of The Melrose District.
Go out in that gayborhood and you will find plenty of opportunities. Some of you may also want to learn more about gay bars in:
Weekly, Monthly, & Pride Events
Here are some of the best LGBT events in your area that occur on a weekly or monthly basis:
- The Barbra Seville Show at The Rock on Saturdays
- Steven’s Family Values With Doja at The Rock on Thursdays
- FuRidays Dancers at Anvil
- Undie Night at Anvil Bar on Mondays
- Tia’s Teasers at Anvil om Sundays & Mondays
- Dart Night at Pat O’s Bunkhouse Saloon on Tuesdays
- WMW Gear Night at Pat O’s Bunkhouse Saloon on Thursdays
- Underwear Night at Oz Bar on Wednesdays
- Sunday Tea Dance at Kobalt
And these are the best pride events plus other LGBT events throughout the year:
Best LGBT Dating Sites
Trying to find other LGBT people near you for dating or hook ups was not very easy for prior generations, especially if you don’t like to party. Local gay or lesbian bars were pretty much your only choice, but thankfully that is no longer the case.
We have no idea what your current status is but we are pretty sure that there are some people reading this who may not want to have their photos taken at a gay bar and posted on social media. Adult Friend Finder has been the biggest hook up site on the planet for almost two decades.
They actually have a big network of sites which some may not know. Their top site for finding gay men near you to hook up with is Men Nation and you might be surprised at how many users it has in major cities like this one.
It combines all of the users on their numerous sites across their network which are not only straight and LGBT but also include swingers and numerous types of kinks and fetishes. So if you want speedy m4m hook ups use Men Nation, and for f4f hook ups use Lesbian Personals.
It is probably smart for us to let you know about the world’s top transgender dating site, MyTransgenderDate. Trans dating in Phoenix is more popular than ever before and that won’t be changing any time soon because more ts feel confident enough to be the person they really want to be.
At this point we have covered the Phoenix LGBT nightlife in full detail. You read all about the best mixed, gay, or lesbian bars and clubs in your area plus drag shows to party with trans and all sorts of LGBT dating sites. Now choose the best option for you and enjoy yourself.