Last updated on September 23rd, 2020
If you are trying to locate the best gay and lesbian bars or clubs in Montreal this post can definitely offer some assistance. This LGBT nightlife guide will also cover things like mixed clubs, trans bars, drag shows, the Gay Village along Rua St Catherine and more!
We all have smartphones in our hands 24/7 so the best LGBT dating sites deserve their own section, and we will focus on some sites that are more about hooking up than getting hitched. Plus we will mention all of the best LGBT pride events and meet ups we know about in this city.
Not all of you will be interested in going out to a lesbian or gay bar or nightclub to try and meet people near you so we will try to break down as many options as possible. Be sure to look through more of our posts on gay nightlife in Canada.
Best LGBT Bars & Clubs In Montreal
Let’s start this off with a list of the best mixed LGBT bars and nightclubs in Montreal:
- Saloon Bistro Bar Inc at 1333 St Catherine St E
- Bar Renard at 1272 St Catherine E
- Bar Le Ritz P.D.B. at 179 Jean-Talon Ouest
- Bar Notre-Dame-Des-Quilles at 32 Beaubien E
- Cabaret Mado at 1115 St Catherine E
- Bar Aigle Noir at 1315 St Catherine St E
- Le Stud at 1812 St Catherine St E
- Bar Le Cocktail at 1669 St Catherine St E
- The Wiggle Room at 3874 Blvd St Laurent
- Club Unity at 1171 St Catherine St E
- Stereo Nightclub at 858 St Catherine St E
- Circus at 917 St Catherine St E
- Complexe Sky at 1478 St Catherine St E
- Alexandraplatz at 6731 de l’Esplanade
Best Gay Bars & Clubs
We are sure that many of you are here to find out about gay bars in Montreal for men to meet men. Over the past decade we have done a great job of making the world a more inclusive place. These days most gay bars are actually mixed, and any of the above spots around the Gay Village can easily lead to fast hook ups.
Best Lesbian Bars & Clubs in Montreal
Along those same lines we are not aware of any straight up lesbian bars in Montreal for women to meet women. The mixed list should have plenty of options for you and if there are no cute girls around to hit on head out and find another place to try. If you really want us to give you a recommendation try Alexandraplatz.
Drag Shows & Trans Bars
We aren’t really to the point of having full on trans bars in Montreal, but you can find drag shows that may help you locate ts near you at:
- Le Drag Blunch! at Cabaret Mado on Mondays
- Viewing RuPaul’s Drag Race at Bar Le Cocktail on Thursdays
- C’est juste lundi place à la relève at Bar Le Cocktail on Mondays
- Crazy Friday at Bar Le Cocktail
- Funny Drags at Bar Le Cocktail on Saturdays
We really do try our best to keep our lists current but we cover so many cities around the world that perfection is impossible. We know the scene here pretty well, but not as well as the local experts.
If we have anything on this page that is no longer relevant or if we left some place off that is a can’t miss please use the comments to let us know. Also, if you think any venues should be listed as solely places for men to meet men or women to meet women fill us in, thanks if you can help.
Many of these gay or lesbian bars and clubs can be found in the LGBT nightlife area of the Gay Village, particularly along Rue St Catherine. Go out there and you will be able to check out the various venues and find out the right spots for your personal tastes.
Some of you may also want to read more about:
- LGBT Nightlife in Toronto
- LGBT Nightlife in Boston
- LGBT Nightlife in Calgary
- LGBT Nightlife in Ottawa
Weekly, Monthly, & Pride Events
Here are some of the best LGBT events that occur on a regular basis:
- Parties at Stereo Nightclub
- Parties at Club Unity every Friday and Saturday
- Voix de Ville at The Wiggle Room on Wednesdays
- Où sont les femmes by Lez Spread The Word
And these are the best pride events held throughout the year:
- Fierte Montreal Pride in August
- Black & Blue Festival on Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend
- Slut Island Festival in July
Best LGBT Dating Sites
We know that going out to an LGBT bar or club is not how everyone likes to have a good time. Plus it isn’t like all the people reading this fully ‘out’ at the moment and some may not want to be spotted on social media.
The first LGBT dating sites we want to mention are mainly geared towards casual sex, they aren’t exactly dating sites per se. As the divorce rates keep climbing lots of people are enjoying the single life and aren’t looking for any commitment at the moment.
They are owned and operated by Adult Friend Finder, you have probably seen their links online before since they have helped millions of people hook up in their over fifteen years in the game. Their top site for finding gay men near you to hook up with is Men Nation and it is very popular in major North American cities like this one.
Their site for the ladies is Lesbian Personals and it also works great. Those who enjoy hooking up with all genders can use Adult Friend Finder because it covers all the users on their numerous kinky sites.
We also can’t forget to mention the world’s top transgender dating site, MyTransgenderDate. Trans dating in Montreal is trending upwards at a rapid rate as more ts near you are finally enjoying the lives they want to live.
Alright then, we have told you all about the Montreal LGBT nightlife as best as we can. You know where to go to find mixed, gay, or lesbian bars and clubs plus drag shows to party with trans and all sorts of LGBT dating sites. We hope you make the most of the information at hand.