The best gay and lesbian bars or clubs in Chicago are going to be covered in full in this local LGBT nightlife guide. We will also be getting into topics like mixed clubs, trans bars, drag shows, the main queer area of town as well as some other stuff.
There are some annual or more frequent pride events that we will also tell you about. And we can’t forget about the best LGBT dating sites to use in your area since that is the preferred way to meet new people for many these days.
We all have our own way of doing things so we will list everything we know about so that you can choose your own adventure. You can read more of our posts on gayborhoods around the Midwest at that link.
Best LGBT Bars & Clubs In Chicago
Let’s start this off with a list of the best mixed LGBT bars and nightclubs in Chicago :
- Berlin at 954 W Belmont Ave
- Granville Anvil at 1137 W Granville Ave
- Beauty Bar at 1444 W Chicago Ave
- The Closet at 3325 N Broadway
- Roscoe’s at 3356 N Halsted St
- The Jackhammer Complex at 6406 N Clark St
- Sidetrack at 3349 N Halsted St
- Second Story Bar at 157 E Ohio St #2
- Jeffery Pub at 7041 S Jeffery Ave
- Hydrate at 3458 N Halsted St
- Charlie’s Chicago at 3726 N Broadway
- Club Escape at 1530 E 75th St
- Spyners Pub at 4623 N Western Ave
- Big Chicks at 5024 N Sheridan Rd
- Scarlet Bar at 3320 N Halsted St
- Cell Block at 3702 N Halsted St
- The SoFo Tap at 4923 N Clark St 1st fl
- The North End at 3733 N Halsted St
- Lucky Horseshoe at 3169 N Halsted St
- Nobody’s Darling at 1744 W Balmoral Ave
Best Gay Bars & Clubs
Those of you that are here to learn more about gay bars and clubs in Chicago for men to meet men will have plenty of success at those venues we just listed. We used to live in a country that wasn’t near as inclusive.
We have done a pretty good job of changing that and now most venues have become more LGBT friendly instead of strictly being local gay bars.
Best Lesbian Bars & Clubs in Chicago
If you are looking for a full on lesbian bar in Chicago for women to meet women we suggest you head to Dorothy at 2500 West Chicago Avenue. You may also want to try out Big Chick’s but it tends to have a pretty diverse crowd.
The mixed list should have plenty of options for you as well and if there are no cute girls around to hit on head out and find another place to try. That may include going to some venues that are not known to be LGBT hot spots in your area.
Drag Shows & Trans Bars
At the moment there are not any strictly trans bars in Chicago , but you can find drag shows that may help you locate ts near you at:
- Honeys on Halsted Drag Show at Hydrate on Wednesdays
- The Baton Show Lounge on Wednesdays and Sundays
- Drag Show at Sidetrack on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Drag Show on Sundays at Scarlet Bar at 3320 N Halsted St
- Kit Kat Lounge at 3700 N Halsted St
- Kiss Kiss Cabaret at 4707 N Broadway
- Diva Royale at 2200 N Clark St
While we do know the scene in this town pretty well we cover way too many cities across the globe to have a more intimate knowledge on all of them than the local experts. Our goal is to keep our lists as up to date as possible but we need your help to do so.
It would be super cool if you could use the comments section to help us keep up with the times here. Many of these gay or lesbian bars and clubs can be found in the LGBT nightlife areas of Boystown and Andersonville. Both of these gayborhoods should really help you in your search.
You may also want to check out our posts on:
- Gay Bars in Milwaukee
- Gay Bars in Indianapolis
- Gay Bars in Minneapolis & St Paul
- Gay Bars in Detroit
Weekly, Monthly, & Pride Events
Here are some of the best LGBT events that occur on a weekly or monthly basis:
- Ruffy’s Lipstick & Mascara at Hydrate
- Queer Queen at Laugh Factory at 3175 N Broadway
- RuPaul’s Drag Race at Roscoe’s at 3356 N. Halsted every Thursday
And these are the best pride events plus other LGBT events throughout the year:
- Chicago Pride Fest in June
- The Chicago LGBTQ+ International Film Festival in September
Best LGBT Dating Sites
These days many of us have become very introverted so partying at a local LGBT bar or club may not be our preferred way to meet new people. Heck, any bar or club may not be a place we want to go and fortunately technology has given us some other solid options.
We also do not know what your current status is and some of you may not be fully ‘out’ at the moment and may not necessarily want to be spotted and get posted about on social media. Whatever your reasons or motivations are LGBT dating sites are a great way to meet people near you without having to go to a crowded venue to do so.
The first sites we will discuss are part of the huge Adult Friend Finder network. We bet most of you have seen the AFF links online before, in their over fifteen years in the business they have helped millions of people around the globe hook up.
Men Nation would definitely be their best site to use to find gay men near you to hook up with and it has tons of users in this massive city. The ladies will have more success on Lesbian Personals, you can figure out what it is all about from the name.
Those who are bi-sexual and enjoy hooking up with all varieties can use Adult Friend Finder where you can find all the users in their huge network. There is going to be no faster way to find m4m hook ups than Men Nation.
For f4f hook ups Lesbian Personals is going to be your top option. Before we end this post we also need to mention the world’s top transgender dating site, MyTransgenderDate. It has never been easier to try trans dating in Chicago than it is right now, and hopefully it continues to trend in that direction.
Well, we have told you all about the Chicago LGBT nightlife as best as we can for the time being. You know where to go to find mixed, gay, or lesbian bars and clubs in your area plus drag shows to party with trans and all sorts of LGBT dating sites. We hope you make the most of the information at hand.