Anyone that wants to learn more about the best gay and lesbian bars or clubs in Barcelona will be able to do so right here. This local LGBT nightlife guide will also cover things like mixed clubs, trans bars, drag shows, the main queer area near you and more!
There are some annual Barcelona gay pride events and tons of regular parties that we will also dive deep into. And we can’t forget about the best LGBT dating sites in your area since that is becoming the preferred way to meet new people for many.
Not everyone likes to do things the same way and we know gay and lesbian bars are not for everyone. We will just list everything we can think of and then you can proceed in whichever way sounds right for you. That is the same we have done in all of our posts on the gay scene in Spain so no need to change it up now.
Best LGBT Bars & Clubs In Barcelona
Let’s start this off with a list of the best gay, lesbian, and mixed LGBT bars and nightclubs in Barcelona:
- Ambar at C/ Casanova, 77
- Carita Bonita at Carrer de Balmes, 69
- Moeem at Carrer de Muntaner, 11
- La Monroe de la Filmo at Plaça de Salvador Seguí, 1
- Chiringuito BeGay at Paseo Marítimo de la Mar Bella
- Plata Bar at Carrer del Consell de Cent, 233
- Bacon Bear Bar at Carrer de Casanova, 64
- La Chapelle at Carrer de Muntaner, 67
- Night Barcelona at Carrer de la Diputació, 161
- Boysbar BCN at Carrer de la Diputació, 174
- La Federica at Carrer de Salvà, 3
- Cangrejo at Montserrat, 9
- Punto BCN at Muntaner 65
- Gingin Gay Bar at Carrer d’Aribau, 40
- Strass at C. de Villarroel, 68
- The Moon at Carrer de Muntaner 6
- Priscilla Café at C. del Consell de Cent, 273
- Pink Corner BCN at Carrer de Balmes, 52
- LaCarra at C/ de Muntaner, 34
- Nenis Lesbian Party Barcelona at Carrer de Villarroel, 216
- Berlin Dark at Passatge de Prunera, 18
Best Gay Bars & Clubs
If you are searching for gay bars and clubs in Barcelona for men to meet men you can go off that main list you just read. We used to live in a world where things were far less inclusive, but these days most spots have become more LGBT friendly instead of strictly gay bars near you.
Best Lesbian Bars & Clubs in Barcelona
Along those same lines we are not aware of any straight up lesbian bars in Barcelona for women to meet women. The mixed list should have plenty of options for you and if there are no cute girls around to hit on head out and find another place to try.
With that said any time one that the Nenis Lesbian Parties or Girlicious are going on you should consider checking them out.
Drag Shows & Trans Bars
We aren’t really to the point of having local trans bars in Barcelona just yet though those days may be coming soon. For now you can find drag shows that may help you locate ts near you at:
- Drag Show at Cangrejo on Friday Nights
- Drag Shows at Madame Jasmine
- Drag Shows at Strass
We know the scene here pretty well if we may say so, but we cover way too many cities to have a more intimate knowledge on all of them than the local experts. Our goal is to keep our lists as up to date as possible but we need your help to do so.
It would be great if you could use the comments section to let us know if you notice anything dated. This is a very progressive city and there is not really one main gay area to target.
Having no true gayborhood in your area just means you can feel comfortable anywhere. With that said many of the venues we are discussing on this page are downtown around Eixample and El Raval.
By the way you may want to read our other posts on:
- LGBT Nightlife in Madrid
- LGBT Nightlife in Valencia
- LGBT Nightlife in Seville
- LGBT Nightlife in Ibiza
Weekly, Monthly, & Pride Events
Here are some of the best LGBT events that occur on a regular basis:
- Happy Thursday at Night Barcelona
- Strippers Night at Boysbar Bcn on Fridays
- House DJ & GoGos at Boysbar Bcn on Saturdays
- An event at La Federica on Thursdays
- Hits & House att Punto BCN on Weekends & Holidays
- DeepTuesday at City Hall
- Dirty Beach at City Hall on Fridays
- The Black Room at City Hall on Sundays
- Yass! at Safary on Saturdays
- Aire Chicas at C. Diputació 233
- Churros con Chocolate at Apolo once a month on Sundays
- Caramba Party at Diputación, 94
- Girlicious at Carrer de Mallorca 219
And there are plenty of great pride events plus other LGBT events throughout the year like:
- Barcelona Gay Pride
- Circuit Festival Barcelona in August
- Water Park Day in August
- Girlie Circuit in August
- Rubber Weekend in November
- Matinee Events
Best LGBT Dating Sites
Trying to date or hook up with LGBT people in Barcelona was not very easy for prior generations, especially if you don’t like to party. Local gay or lesbian bars were pretty much the only choice you had, but thankfully that is no longer the case.
We have no idea what your current status is but we are pretty sure that there are some out there who may not want to have their photos taken at a gay bar in your area and posted on social media. Adult Friend Finder has been the biggest hook up site on the planet for almost two decades.
They have quite a few sites in their network which some may not know. Their top site for finding gay men near you to hook up with is Men Nation and you might be surprised at how many guys use it in huge cities like this.
It combines all of the users on their numerous sites across their network which are not only straight and LGBT but also include swingers and numerous types of kinks and fetishes. When you are ready for quick m4m hook ups use Men Nation, and for f4f hook ups use Lesbian Personals.
We also think that the world’s top transgender dating site deserves a mention and it is MyTransgenderDate. Trans dating in Barcelona has never been as easy as it is today because more ts near you are finally comfortable living the life they want to live.
At this point you have read about the Barcelona LGBT nightlife in full detail. You know where to go to find mixed, gay, or lesbian bars and clubs plus drag shows to party with trans and all sorts of LGBT dating sites. We hope you make the most of the information at hand.